NORTHERN LIGHTS LEARNING TRUST is governed by a Board of Directors.
The NORTHERN LIGHTS LEARNING TRUST Board has respected members of the local community from different sectors, including education, business, faith and local government.
Academy Trust Members
- A charitable Limited Liability Company
- Responsible for the Objects of the Company
- Receive delegated responsibility on behalf of the Members to run the academies
- Can set up committees with delegated powers (in addition to Local Academy Councils). Currently: Admissions Committee, Finance, Audit and Resource Management Committee (FARM).
The Local Governing Body (LGB – these will be different for each individual school)
- Benedict Biscop CE Academy Local Governing Body is focused upon our individual school contexts, monitoring standards and achievement and our local community needs and aspirations.
- Helping in setting strategic priorities and plans
- Role in monitoring standards and achievement within Benedict Biscop
- Ensuring Trust policies are implemented
- Engaging with all stakeholders to improve outcomes
- Supporting and positively challenging practices within the school
- Level of delegation to the Local Governing Body will vary according to whether the school is performing well or not. There is a high level of delegation to Benedict Biscop CE Academy Local Governing Body.The LGB have three sub-committees: Raising Achievement, Admissions and Finance/General Purpose.
The Current List of Members, Trustees and local governors (with register of interests) can be accessed here
For historic information relating to Benedict Biscop C.E Academy Trust see here