NORTHERN LIGHTS LEARNING TRUST is governed by a Board of Directors.
The NORTHERN LIGHTS LEARNING TRUST Board has respected members of the local community from different sectors, including education, business, faith and local government.
Academy Trust Members
- A charitable Limited Liability Company
- Responsible for the Objects of the Company
- Receive delegated responsibility on behalf of the Members to run the academies
- Can set up committees with delegated powers (in addition to Local Academy Councils). Currently: Admissions Committee, Finance, Audit and Resource Management Committee (FARM).
The Local Academy Council (LAC - these will be different for each individual school)
- Benedict Biscop Local Academy Council is focused upon our individual school contexts, monitoring standards and achievement and our local community needs and aspirations.
- Helping in setting strategic priorities and plans
- Role in monitoring standards and achievement within Benedict Biscop
- Ensuring Trust policies are implemented
- Engaging with all stakeholders to improve outcomes
- Supporting and positively challenging practices within the school
- Level of delegation to the Local Academy Council will vary according to whether the school is performing well or not, high level of delegation to Benedict Biscop Local Academy Council
- Can put in place working groups. Currently: Leadership and Management, Quality of Teaching, Learning, Assessment and Curriculum, Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare, Christian Character
The current list of Members and Trustees (with register of interests and attendance records) can be accessed here.
For historic information relating to Benedict Biscop C.E. Academy Trust see here.